What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey?
- Top best answers to the question «What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey»
- Choke it. The preferred choke for turkey hunting is an extra full choke because they tend to be tighter than the full chokes that come with most shotguns. An extra full choke ensures that a full fist of lead heads downrange and packs an effective punch.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey?» often ask the following questions:
🌐 What shotgun choke is best for dove hunting?
- Stick with a 16 or 20 gauge shotgun if you have a young or small-framed hunter you are introducing to the sport. The "kick" from these guns is very modest. Most hunters will be happiest with the 12 gauge. Use the right choke for dove hunting: There is no single best choke for dove hunting.
- What type of choke for turkey hunting?
- What choke should i use for hunting turkey?
- What is the best simi-auto shotgun for turkey and dove hunting?
🌐 What is the best choke for 12 ga. shotgun when dove hunting?
- What choke tube is best for waterfoul hunting?
- What gage shotgun is best for waterfowl hunting?
- What is the best shotgun for bird hunting?
🌐 What is the best gauge shotgun for turkey hunting?
- A 12 gauge shotgun remains the preferred weapon for most turkey hunters. There are a variety of turkey-specific models to choose from, although a standard shotgun will still get the job done if needed.
- What is the best shotgun for predator hunting?
- What shotgun round is best for dove hunting?
- Which choke is best when hunting ducks?
1 other answer
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey?» so you can surely find the answer!
Do you need a choke for turkey hunting?
- Easy enough question to answer. No you do not NEED a "turkey choke". What you need is to find the choke that patterns best for you at the distances you are willing to shoot I have shot turkeys as close as 3 yards with a bow.
Is a modified choke good for turkey hunting?
Most people probably figured that since it was plated lead shot, it needed Super Full choke for a tight pattern. Anyway, your 870 with Mod choke can be an effective turkey gun; you can maximize it's effectiveness by using the hardest & heaviest shot loads.
What is the best choke tube for pheasant hunting?
- The Common Choices. Most pheasant hunters like #4 to #6 lead shot through a modified or improved cylinder choke. #5 shot is probably the most common load, with a modified choke being the most common choke choice. This combination will work throughout the season.
What are the best shotgun shells for dove hunting?
Dove hunters should stick to smaller shot sizes – No. 7 ½, 8, or 9. Perhaps the best all-around and most common 12-gauge shot shell used in the dove fields is a 1 or 1 1/8 ounce load of 7 ½.
What is the best shotgun for women hunting birds?
The one that the man is carrying!
What is the best shotgun shell for pheasant hunting?
The 12 gauge shells are your best bet, and most of the popular hunting loads will work for pheasants. One of the most popular of all the popular hunting loads is #6 shot loads, with #5 shot loads, being the most popular. Many people also like #4 shot loads, with some #3 shot loads being used.
What kind of shotgun is best for upland hunting?
- You could buy a heavy Parker for waterfowl, or a lightweight model for upland hunting. Twelve-gauges, for instance, were usually made on number 1, 1 ½, and 2 frames, with 2 being the heaviest. Parker sold out to Remington in 1934, and Remington made them for a few years.
What length shotgun barrel is best for deer hunting?
Choose a slug shotgun designed to be used with slug shells and a scope that has a barrel length of about 24 to 26 inches in length for hunting deer or other large game. Select longer barrel shotguns, such as those with 30 inch barrels, for hunting ducks, geese or dove.
What kinda shotgun ammo do you use for turkey hunting?
- A standard 2 ¾-inch or 3-inch magnum tungsten load is more than enough for killing turkeys out past 50 yards. Additionally, the advantages of tungsten shells make 20-gauge shotguns indisputably effective turkey killers.
Duck hunting chat what choke?
- To sum up, the best choke for duck hunting should be either the improved cylinder choke or modified choke. Take all information above and the product reviews in mind to make a wise choice so that you can bag as many ducks as possible in the very next hunting game!
Which is the best shotgun for bird hunting?
- There are plenty of bargain options that will kill birds just as effectively as the fancier high-dollar models. So, here’s my list of guns for the blue-collar bird hunter. Whether your quarry is pheasants, quail, or grouse, any of these shotguns will get the job done. 1. Remington’s 870 Wingmaster
Which is the best shotgun for deer hunting?
- Both the standard Encore and the jazzed-up Pro Hunter models are available with rifled slug barrels. A 20-gauge model is available in the standard Encore, which comes with a 24-inch barrel and rifle sights.
Can you use a waterfowl choke for turkey hunting?
You may think a turkey choke and full choke are the same, but this isn't always the case. If you mainly hunt waterfowl, the full choke is often considered the tightest patterning choke available. However, turkey chokes go a step beyond a regular full choke to provide even tighter constrictions.
Is a stoger 2000 shotgun good for turkey hunting?
yes it would be a alright caliber!!!!!!!
What is the best choke to use for pheasant hunting?
Most pheasant hunters like #4 to #6 lead shot through a modified or improved cylinder choke. #5 shot is probably the most common load, with a modified choke being the most common choke choice. This combination will work throughout the season.
Which is the best 20 gauge shotgun for hunting?
- The 20gauge shotgun is sleeker, slimmer, and fitter into the hands of a bird hunter. The barrel, forearm, and receiver are also slim, ensuring you control your shots and less recoil. Like other shotguns, the 20-gauge shotgun loads various shotshells, especially when used with the correct chokes.
Which choke for dove hunting?
- Popular choke sizes for dove hunting range from an open cylinder choke to the more constrictive light modified. For close shots on dove inside 20 yards, a skeet choke is the preferred choice.
Which two shotgun chokes are best for hunting small birds?
Full and modified.
What choke to use for rabbit hunting?
- What Shotgun Choke for Rabbit Hunting? The best choke size for rabbits is a cylinder or modified choke. Full and extra-full choke are too tight a pattern for a running rabbit and should be avoided. There is little advantage to a choke tighter than modified when using proper shot sizes for rabbits. Choose cylinder or modified after patterning.
What choke to use when hunting ducks?
for close range use a modified it is a really versital choke but what i use for long range is a full i got 5 ducks with a full choke i know it ain't alot but i just started last year
On a mossberg 395 kb what choke should you use for turkey hunting?
We would use a modified or full choke, and #4 shot.
When hunting ducks or geese with steel shot you should not use a shotgun with what kind of choke?
One not designed for use with steel shot.
Which two shotgun chokes are best for hunting small close birds?
I would use either a modified,or improved cylinder,choke for close in small bird hunting.