What is the value of a remington 870 20 gauge hunting shotgun that is 20 years old?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is the value of a remington 870 20 gauge hunting shotgun that is 20 years old?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 22 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is the value of a remington 870 20 gauge hunting shotgun that is 20 years old?» often ask the following questions:
🌐 What is a good remington 12 gauge for hunting turkey?
- Tungsten loads are by far a better choice than lead for turkey hunters, including those who balk at the substantial recoil of a 12-gauge 3 ½-inch magnum load pushing 2 ounces of lead pellets. Those giant, shoulder-punishing 3 ½–inch shells simply aren’t necessary.
- Which is the best 20 gauge shotgun for hunting?
- What is the best 12 gauge pump shotgun for hunting turkeys and waterfowl?
- What gauge for hunting coyotes?
🌐 What is the best gauge shotgun for turkey hunting?
- A 12 gauge shotgun remains the preferred weapon for most turkey hunters. There are a variety of turkey-specific models to choose from, although a standard shotgun will still get the job done if needed.
- Is 35 remington good for deer hunting?
- What gauge is best for dove hunting?
- What gauge is best for duck hunting?
🌐 Is a 20 gauge shotgun good for deer hunting?
If the recoil from a 12-gauge is too much, 20-gauge slug guns are a fantastic and highly ethical option. A great aspect of hunting deer with a slug shotgun is barrels tend to be shorter (between 18 and 26 inches)… An effective slug gun is highly maneuverable and perfect for making quick shots.
- Which is the best remington 270 for hunting?
- Is 20 gauge good for hunting?
- Is shotgun hunting legal in arizona?
1 other answer
If it works and it's not too badly used, probably about $200.
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «What is the value of a remington 870 20 gauge hunting shotgun that is 20 years old?» so you can surely find the answer!
What gage shotgun is best for waterfowl hunting?
Within reasonable range, the 20-gauge can be a good waterfowl gun, particularly with some of the premium nontoxic pellets such as Bismuth, Federal Tungsten Iron, Kent Impact, and Remington Hevi-Shot. With steel pellets, the 20-gauge is more range-restricted, but with a beginner, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
What is the best shotgun for bird hunting?
- Generally speaking, the best shotgun for an adult beginner bird hunter is going to be either 12-gauge or 20-gauge shotguns. Since they’re the most commonly used, they’re the ones that you’ll want to become familiar with.
What is the best shotgun for predator hunting?
Here's a look at some of the best shotguns you'll ever find for close encounters with coyotes.
- Mossberg 535 ATS Tactical.
- Mossberg 935 Magnum Pistol Grip.
- Mossberg 500 ATI Tactical.
What shotgun choke is best for dove hunting?
- Stick with a 16 or 20 gauge shotgun if you have a young or small-framed hunter you are introducing to the sport. The "kick" from these guns is very modest. Most hunters will be happiest with the 12 gauge. Use the right choke for dove hunting: There is no single best choke for dove hunting.
What shotgun choke is best for hunting turkey?
What shotgun round is best for dove hunting?
- However, when you’re shooting birds on the wing, a bigger gun’s wider spread will be significantly more accurate. As a result, most of our candidates for best shotgun for dove hunting are 12 gauge guns.
What shotgun shell to use for deer hunting?
- Birdshot is the smallest type of shotgun shell available with letters depicting larger shot sizes. The largest is buckshot, and you’ll want it on hand to hunt deer, vermin or for self-defense. To hunt game birds like woodcock or grouse, select a small diameter shot size like 7 ½, 8 or 9.
What type of shotgun shell for duck hunting?
- You might think “BB” means a small toy gun for children, but a 12-gauge shotgun shell loaded with BB shot, which measures.18 inches, is an effective hunting load. Primarily used for geese and large ducks, shotgun shells loaded with BB are popular for larger game at greater distances.
Can you use a 1100 remington for turkey hunting?
Turkey hunting is not nice, so you shouldn't use anything for turkey hunting.
Are 20 gauge shotguns good for hunting?
On the other hand, 20-gauges are great guns for young hunters or new hunters. They will experience less recoil and presumably be getting used to a lighter gun. The shotgun shells are slightly smaller, lighter and shoot a higher density, which is good when targeting faster birds.
What is the best 20 gauge birdshot for hunting?
- For 95 percent of upland hunting, 1 ounce of shot suffices. It’s an ideal payload for the 20-gauge. And 71⁄2s come close to being the all-around upland pellets: An ounce of them yields high enough pellet counts for small birds, and adequate energy is retained to 30-35 yards or more, which is an advantage in case you flush something large.
Common error when hunting with a shotgun?
- World-record shotgun shooter Dave Miller identifies the five most common missteps that plague shotgunners and their cures. What are the common shotgun shooting mistakes: Looking at the gun first; Not moving to the target; Not inserting the muzzle ahead of the target; Fearing the rabbit; Not establishing a routine; Shooting a shotgun is easy, right?
Is hunting rifle better than pump shotgun?
- The pump action shot gun is a really good weapon. It fires and reloads quickly, and holds a ton of ammo. Yeah, the hunting rifle is more powerful, but later in the game, enemies gang up on you, and you can fire three shots from the shotty much faster than the two it would take to kill that same enemy from the hunting rifle.
What are the best shotgun shells for dove hunting?
Dove hunters should stick to smaller shot sizes – No. 7 ½, 8, or 9. Perhaps the best all-around and most common 12-gauge shot shell used in the dove fields is a 1 or 1 1/8 ounce load of 7 ½.
What is the best shotgun for women hunting birds?
The one that the man is carrying!
What is the best shotgun shell for pheasant hunting?
The 12 gauge shells are your best bet, and most of the popular hunting loads will work for pheasants. One of the most popular of all the popular hunting loads is #6 shot loads, with #5 shot loads, being the most popular. Many people also like #4 shot loads, with some #3 shot loads being used.
What kind of shotgun is best for upland hunting?
- You could buy a heavy Parker for waterfowl, or a lightweight model for upland hunting. Twelve-gauges, for instance, were usually made on number 1, 1 ½, and 2 frames, with 2 being the heaviest. Parker sold out to Remington in 1934, and Remington made them for a few years.
What length shotgun barrel is best for deer hunting?
Choose a slug shotgun designed to be used with slug shells and a scope that has a barrel length of about 24 to 26 inches in length for hunting deer or other large game. Select longer barrel shotguns, such as those with 30 inch barrels, for hunting ducks, geese or dove.
Is a 6mm remington model 742 good for deer hunting?
A 6mm Remington should be perfectly adequate for deer hunting out to 250-300 yards. The 243 Winchester is a renowned as a great medium game cartridge with a 100 gr bullet at 2950 fps. Compare that to the 100 gr projectile in the 6mm Rem traveling at 3100 fps.
What is the best 12 gauge ammo for pheasant hunting?
From experience, steel 3's and 4's in 12 or 20 gauges seem to do the job quite well on pheasants and steel 6's or 7's are good for quail and woodcock hunting. Extra speed in steel loads is generally necessary to impart greater striking force on the game being shot because steel is lighter than lead.
What is the best 20 gauge shell for duck hunting?
3's and 4's are good duck killers in the 20, either 7/8 or 1oz loads (Kents and Remington, respectively) out TO 40 yards. Beyond that, you need to move up to 2's. 7/8 load of 2's is about 110 pellets, so you are going to need an 80% pattern to put the needed 85-90 pellets in the pattern. That is for large ducks.
Is a 12-gauge good for dove hunting?
Guns and Loads for Doves
A good all-around choice is a 20-, 16- or 12-gauge autoloader with screw-in choke tubes. Pumps, double-barrels and over-and-under shotguns work fine, but because doves are fast and difficult to hit, many hunters prefer autoloaders, which allow three quick shots before a bird gets out of range.