Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What choke setting would you use for a deer slug in a 12 gauge shotgun?» often ask the following questions:
🌐 What shotgun choke for deer hunting?
What is the best Broadhead to use for deer?
- Commonly regarded as the best broadheads for deer hunting , mechanical broadheads fly like your target tips and open their full cutting blades upon impact with an animal. Fixed blades are tougher – no question, but mechanicals are easier to shoot.
- What is the best slug shotgun for deer hunting?
- What gauge shotgun is best for deer hunting?
- What is the best shotgun choke for deer hunting?
🌐 What choke to use on a 12 gauge shotgun?
It all depends no what you are shooting. You can find many websites that discuss chokes and the applications of which is best for what type of shooting you are doing.
- How far will a 12 gauge slug kill a deer?
- What is the best shotgun slug?
- What is the choke on a savage 12 gauge shotgun model 775a?
🌐 What gauge shotgun is best for deer?
Go with 12-Gauge or Larger for Deer
This means most hunters will be best served by a 12-gauge. 16-gauges gauges can get the job done, and 20-gauge shotguns are easier for smaller hunters, but almost every deer hunter during shotgun season is toting a 12-gauge shotgun, while some will go even larger with a 10-gauge.
- What's the best 20 gauge shotgun for deer?
- What shotgun choke to use?
- What is a good 20 gauge shotgun for deer hunting?
1 other answer
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «What choke setting would you use for a deer slug in a 12 gauge shotgun?» so you can surely find the answer!What shotgun would be good for deer hunting?
Which rifle should I buy for deer hunting?
- Best Deer Hunting Rifles Winchester XPR. Brownells.Com The Winchester XPR is a .30-06 bolt action hunting rifle with a 3-round removable magazine. Winchester Model 70 Featherweight. Brownells.Com The Winchester Model 70 bolt action may just be the most popular deer rifle in the world. Ruger American… Ruger American Predator… Savage Arms Model 12… Bergera B14 HMR… More items...
A 10 guage is more powerful with more kick and better range, a 12 guage is the standard issue hunting and war shotgun, it is better if you are not an experienced shooter, it also depends upon what you're doing with the gun
- The 20-gauge Savage 220 is one of the most accurate slug guns on the market…
- This Benelli M2 is an inertia-driven semi-auto that comes with a 20-gauge rifled barrel…
- Ithaca's Deer Slayer III 20-gauge has a bottom-eject design, making it good for lefties too.
'' designates full choke (F). '-' designates improved modified choke (IM). '' designates modified choke (M). '-' designates improved cylinder choke (IC). '$' designates skeet (SK). '*' designates cylinder bore (CYL).
What kind of shotgun do you need to hunt deer?
- As a kid, you might have imagined hunting for deer with your BB gun or.22 rifle, but that’s just not going to work. The truth is that a 12 gauge shotgun is probably the best choice for deer hunting. But a 16 gauge will do the job just as well.
If the recoil from a 12-gauge is too much, 20-gauge slug guns are a fantastic and highly ethical option. A great aspect of hunting deer with a slug shotgun is barrels tend to be shorter (between 18 and 26 inches)… An effective slug gun is highly maneuverable and perfect for making quick shots.How far can i shoot a deer with a 12 gauge slug?
The short answer however, is up to 200 yards if your shotgun can group as tight at 3-4 inches at 100 yards with the right load your gun happens to like.What is the best 12 gauge slug gun?
- 1: Savage 212 and 220…
- 2: Winchester SX3 Cantilever Buck…
- 3: Remington 870 SPS ShurShot Synthetic Super Slug…
- 4: Browning A-Bolt Shotgun…
- 5: Benelli SBE II Slug Gun…
- 6: Weatherby PA-08 08 Slug Gun Combo…
- 7: Mossberg 500 FLEX Slugster.
It is a shotgun with 20 gauges.
any kind will kill a deer but if you have a smooth barrel than u need smooth slugs if you have a rifled barrel you need a rifled slug
Level IIIA armor should stop most shotgun rounds, including slugs and buckshot. The impact would be utterly disabling, though, and would almost certainly take the armor-wearer out of the fight.What is the value of a winchester model 12 12 gauge poly choke shotgun?
- Twelve-Gauge Shotguns For Deer Hunting Using a Twelve Gauge Shotgun For Deer Hunting. Remmington 870 Twelve Gauge With 3" Chamber and 20" rifled barrel You Want A Rifled Barrel. The H & R Pardner Pump Twelve Gauge Shotgun - The Best Priced Rifled Barrel Shotgun On The Market!
What do you want to know?
What do you want to know?
A slug also becomes increasingly inaccurate with distance; out to 100 yards, it drops approximately 5" and has a maximum range of approximately 400 yards. In contrast, centerfire projectiles from rifles can travel miles. Shotgun slugs are best suited for uses over short ranges.What gauge is the biggest shotgun?
The largest shotgun is a 4-gauge. The . 410 shotgun, the smallest, is an exception to the rule: It's actually a .What is a 28 gauge shotgun?
- The 28 gauge shotgun shell, while over a hundred years old, is the up-and-coming round in the shotgun world. It’s used in both skeet shooting and upland bird hunting, and provides a valuable alternative to the traditional in both.
10 gauge - A heavy firearm with a forceful recoil, the 10 gauge is the largest legal shotgun in the United States. It's not as popular as it once used to be, though it is still in use. It's used primarily for hunting waterfowl, such as goose and duck.What is the largest shotgun gauge?
- The smaller the gauge number, the wider the barrel. The largest shotgun is a 4-gauge. The .410 shotgun, the smallest.
410 - This is the smallest of all the mainstream shotguns. The . 410 is light with a gentle recoil, which makes it a good choice for smaller-framed hunters. It's typically used for small game hunting and pest-control.What is the strongest shotgun gauge?
10 gauge - A heavy firearm with a forceful recoil, the 10 gauge is the largest legal shotgun in the United States. It's not as popular as it once used to be, though it is still in use. It's used primarily for hunting waterfowl, such as goose and duck.What slug to use for deer hunting?
Many of the new slugs are more like large rifle bullets than just a slug of lead. Remington, Winchester, and Hornady all make some of the best slugs for hunting. They are copper-jacketed with a polymer or ballistic tip.