357 magnum ammo size
683 best questions for 357 magnum ammo size
We've collected 683 best questions in the «357 magnum ammo size» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
- Top video from 357 magnum ammo size
- Top 663 questions for 357 magnum ammo size
- 40 related categories
Those interested in the 357 magnum ammo size category often ask the following questions:
🌐 What guns use 357 magnum ammo?
- Series ALFA (Revolvers)
- Smith & Wesson Model 13.
- Smith & Wesson Model 340PD.
- Smith & Wesson Model 586.
- Smith & Wesson Model 619 & 620.
- Smith & Wesson Bodyguard.
- Smith & Wesson Centennial.
- Smith & Wesson Ladysmith.
🌐 Can you shoot 38 caliber ammo in a 357 magnum rifle?
Yes If it is .38 special, this is correct. There are other types of .38 caliber other than .38 special, however.
- What is 357 magnum cartridge?
- Can you shoot remington 38 caliber ammo in a 357 magnum pistol?
- What is more powerful 357 magnum or 44 magnum?
🌐 What kind of ammo do i need for a 357 magnum?
- For hunting larger game over 100 lbs. with a .357 Magnum revolver I would use a bullet weight of at least 158 to 180 Grains with a heavy powder charge. For hunting smaller varieties of game 50 lbs. and under I have used a .38 Special revolver. I would use a bullet weight of 158 Grains in a .38 Special +P cartridge.
🌐 What does 357 magnum mean?
The .357 part of the name means that the bullet diameter .357 inches. I do not know what the "Magnum" means in the name.
- Is the .357 sig as powerful as the .357 magnum?
- What is the difference between 357 sig and 357 magnum?
- Can you shoot 357 magnum shells in a 357 maximum rifle?
🌐 When was 357 magnum introduced?
The very first .357 Magnum cartridge was introduced in 1934 by Smith and Wesson.
- Is .357 magnum enough for deer hunting?
- Who make a caa windlaster 357 magnum?
- How do you reassemble a 357 magnum?
Top video from 357 magnum ammo size
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «357 magnum ammo size» category:
Video answer: Can you load a 38 special gun with 357 mag ammo - two common shemaugh ties
Video answer: .40 s&w vs .357 sig
Video answer: Glock 32: .357 sig handgun review
Video answer: 9mm vs .380: what is the difference?...
Top 663 questions from 357 magnum ammo size
We’ve collected for you 663 similar questions from the «357 magnum ammo size» category:
Why is .357 ammo so expensive?
The . 357 Sig cartridge is a niche cartridge, with a special cache, because it delivers near . 357 Magnum ballistics in a shorter package. People who shoot it know they are shooting something special, so they are often willing to pay the premium for the premium cartridge.
What gun uses 357 sig ammo?
- The .357 SIG is currently used by the U.S. Secret Service and the Tennessee Highway Patrol . This Glock 32 will be used for testing of .357 SIG JHP ammo in a ballistic gel format.
Which is heavy ammo for .357?
- The Buffalo Bore heavy .357 is high quality, high performance ammo. We were highly impressed by the velocities (exceeding claims, even out of a handgun), the accuracy (far more than needed for close in bear defense) and cleanliness of the cartridges.
Is a smith and wesson 357 ctg highway patrol a 357 magnum?
Can you use 357 magnum bullets in a standard 357 hand gun?
If the weapon is chambered in 357 Magnum, you can fire the round in it.
Will a 357 magnum kill a mountain lion?
.357 should be fine for Mountain lion
Go for a big game type bullet or hard cast. The . 357 might be a little light for larger bears, but mountain lions don't get all that big.
What bullet for a 357 magnum deer hunting?
The 158 grain, non-hollow point will get the job done with good shot placement. Don't use a full metal jacket and keep shots close. R. K. Smithson
How many rounds does a 357 magnum hold?
the 357 holds five rounds Some hold 6. Some hold 7.
Does a sig sauer p229 shoot 357 magnum?
No. You can get a Sig P229 that will fire .357 Sig, but that is not the same as .357 magnum.
Is the 357 magnum a good defense round?
- The .357 Magnum is a potent handgun round for self-defense or duty weapons, where you need to have the ultimate stopping power in a still manageable cartridge. It is also a popular hunting and target shooting cartridge. The .357 Magnum is a versatile cartridge with a ton of options. May 15 2019
Can you shoot 357 lever action ammo in a 357 handgun?
What is a dan wesson arms 357 magnum ctg?
Revolver made by D Wesson chambered for 357 Magnum
What is more powerful 357 magnum or 38 special?
Is the.357 magnum big enough for whitetail deer?
- Some hunters believe the .357 isn’t powerful enough for deer but it is within limits. If you’re interested in handgunning for whitetail deer one question may arise that will stir debate: Is the .357 Mag a strong enough caliber?
How does a 357 magnum campare to a 9mm?
The .357 Magnum is a larger cartridge, can fire a heavier bullet, and has about twice the energy of a 9mm Parabellum cartridge.
What can you hunt with a 357 remington magnum?
Yes, it is possible to hunt with a .357 Magnum, but it will mostly kill a deer and not to many larger big game animals.
What is the recoil of a 357 magnum rifle?
Impossible to answer without knowing the weight of the rifle, weight of the bullet and FPS the projectile is going.
Is a 10mm more powerful than a 357 magnum?
The . 357 Magnum is a powerful cartridge, but in this case it takes a narrow 2nd place to the 10mm Auto. 10mm generally packs higher muzzle energies thanks in large part to the larger bullets. Even with similar bullets, however, it appears the 10mm does slightly better.
Can you hunt deer in washington with 357 magnum?
its not a 357 maximum its a 357 magnum i would know i have one ruger .357 magnum speed 6 but yes you can as long as you have a hunting permit
What has more blowback 357 magnum or 9mm luger?
.357 Magnum will have more recoil.
Which is more powerful.357 magnum or.38 special?
- The .357 Magnum cartridge is designed to fit handguns capable of handling high chamber pressure, the casing size difference is to prevent .357 Magnum ammo from being loaded in a handgun chambered for .38 Special. Is .38 Special more powerful than 9mm?
Is a 357 magnum a good short range deer cartridge?
With proper shot placement and bullet constuction, yes.
What are the ratings and certificates for -357 magnum - 1977?
-357 Magnum - 1977 is rated/received certificates of: USR
What is the best length barrel for a 357 magnum?
it depends on what you are going to use it for. i have a smith 357 w/ 6 in barrel. some states you can deer hunt w\ it. but if your going to carry it concealed id go with a 2 or 4 in
Can you use 357 magnum rounds in a glock 32?
no the magnum round is only for revolvers the correct round to use would be the .357 sig
What size 357 for hunting?
Small to Medium-Size Game HuntingWhitetail deer hunting tops the list of animals hunted with . 357 Magnum rounds. Loading 158-grain cartridges gets the job done when it comes to small to medium game.
What ammo can be shot from 357 mag revolver?
38 Special and .357 Magnum.
Can you shoot 38 caliber ammo in 357 handgun?
Yes you can. The bore is the same size.
Can you use 357 sig ammo in other guns?
- Not all guns are made for this type of ammunition and it is very likely that guns that are made for other types of ammunition cannot handle the .357 SIG ammunition. Because of the differences in design by different manufacturers, not all the guns are able to handle the pressure that is required to fire this round.
Is there a semi automatic pistol that can shoot 357 magnum?
Yes.. offhand, I know of two. Magnum Research made the Desert Eagle available in .357 Magnum, and Coonan Arms manufactured a semi-auto .357 Magnum, based on the M1911 pattern pistols.
What ammunition can be used in dan wesson 357 magnum ctg?
Any .357 Magnum revolver (this does not apply to automatics or any other type of firearm) can fire .357 Magnum and .38 Special cartridges.
Would a .357 magnum be enough gun to hunt black bear?
The .357 magnum is borderline for any big game hunting, and while it can kill a bear, it is anything but ideal. I wish I had a dollar for every wounded deer I had to track, that someone tried to take down with a .357 magnum. You are much better off with the .44 magnum, and a properly rigged .44 magnum is a joy to shoot. If you still find the .44 to be intimidating, Buffalo bore makes a new round with reduced recoil that has plenty enough power for bears and deer. They are 240 grain lower recoil, but still offer more than the .357 magnum. The .44 magnum also will shoot the .44 Special rounds, which are very easy to shoot but more powerful for hunting than any of the .357 Magnum loads. Now if you were to move up to the .357 maximum, that is a different story, as that is a much more effective round than the .357 magnum. Yes, mainly depending on where you hit the bear. Stay within fifty yards and you will be fine. If you reload your own ammunition, stick with a hard cast 180 grain load. Also, hunting black bear with a handgun calls for a specific type of hunting. Use dogs to tree the bear, or hide in a tree stand next to a baited area. That way, all your shots will be within that fifty yard range. I personally would use a high power rifle, such as a 30-06, for an example.
What is more powerful a 357 magnum or a 38 special?
.357 Magnum. You can tell just by the recoil of the firearm.
Can a 44 magnum rifle use 44 special ammo?
Yes. The 44 magnum can fire 44 special ammo in the same way a .357 magnum can use .38 Special.
Can you use 7.62x39 ammo in 300 winchester magnum?
No. The two cartridges are nowhere even near being compatible. Use only the cartridge intended to be used by that firearm. Improper ammo could result in serious injury or death to the firer.
What is the value of a dan wesson arms 357 magnum ct6?
$650 in good shape.
What the inside of a 357 magnum revolver airsoft gun looks like?
what does a .357 magnum revolver looks like?
What is the value of a 357 magnum pistol in good condition?
100-5000+ depending on EXACTLY what you have
Is a 357 magnum lever action carbine rifle a good deer gun?
Only for very short ranges, and the .30-30 would be a considerably more substantial cartridge.
Is a 357 magnum a good gun for protection against grizzly bears?
A 357 magnum isa bit light, I use a 44 magnum, but pepper spray is better.
What is more powerfull a 22 9 shot revolver or a 357 magnum?
The .357 Magnum is more powerful, all day long.
What is the value of a navy arms 357 magnum rifle model 06786?
Can you use 38 special ammo in a 357 sig 239 handgun?
No. 357 SIG and 357 Magnum are two very different cartridges. You can use .38 Special in a .357 magnum gun, but not 357 SIG Adding to the above, the compatibility of .38 Special and .357 Magnum applies only to revolvers. You cannot cycle .38 Special in a magazine fed .357 Magnum lever action or semi automatic.
Can you shoot 7mm-08 remington ammo in a 7mm remington magnum rifle?
What is the best ammo for a 357 windicator with a 2 nickel barrel?
Typically the best ammo for your Windicator is what shoots best in it.There are many different brands and weight of ammo available for you to try.I find that most every firearm likes one or two loads the best.It will be up to you to find out.If you do reload centerfire ammo then it is really enjoyable to try different weight bullets and powder combinations to bring out the best of your firearm in terms of accuracy and velocity.
What size ammo does a remmington use?
Remington makes a variety of rifles and shotguns using various sizes of ammunition.
What is the best size slingshot ammo?
- Top quality steel ball slingshot ammo in three of the most popular sizes. 3/8"/9.5mm is the most common size used for target shooting and competition slingshot tournaments. 7/16"/11mm is excellent for both target and small game hunting and 1/2"/12.7mm is outstanding for the field and hunting.
How hunting ammo differs from nato ammo?
What's the difference between 7.62 and 7.51 NATO ammo?
- 7.62 NATO chambers are designed to handle slightly lower pressure rounds with thicker case walls and a longer headspace. This means that when you pull the trigger, 7.62×51 brass expands less outwardly but farther toward the chamber.
Are .44 magnum rifles good?
I have shot no less than 2 dozen deer with the .44 magnum, and it is extremely effective on deer...using rifle or pistol...and I use both. It is actually a very good choice for deer. The recent development of Buffalo Bore .44 magnum and the Hornady LeverEvolution ammunition, has made this even more true now, than it was before. As for using them on any grizzly...while they are capable, they are most definitely not the best choice for the bigger west coast bears. Anyone who says they are good for grizzly bears, but not for deer has had very little hands on experience...and that is a stone cold fact. Step up to a rifle in the .358 Winchester, the .35 Whelen, the .444 Marlin, or the 45-70 heavy +P loads and you will do a whole lot better than the diminutive .44 magnum on the big bears...the .44 magnum is truly marginal for that sort of usage, and cannot be recommended. It depends on what you mean by good. If you are hunting deer, NO! If you are hunting grizzly bear...YES! Although any lower 40 caliber gun would get the job done on a grizzly.
What is a magnum gun?
A magnum gun is a gun that will shoot a magnum cartridge, and that cartridge will have magnum in its' name. It is just a moniker that infers more powerful cartridge, but the name itself has little or no significance...other than as a marketing tool. One that will propel a projectile at significantly more velocity than a regular one.