Top best answers to the question «Can i hunt with a 9mm carbine»
As long as you know your limits the 9 is fine for varmint sized game and while i am sure it would kill a deer with proper placement I wouldn't do so except in an emergency. I have shot 9mm carbines out to 200+ yards and have had no problem hitting a 12 inch target.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Can i hunt with a 9mm carbine?» often ask the following questions:
🌐 Can a 9mm pistol be used to hunt turkeys?
- One more time for the cheap seats: do not use tiny calibers to hunt. Your 9mm is not a hunting gun. Yes, a bolt pistol is technically a handgun. And yes, a Desert Eagle gets the job done in spades. Consider using a scope or red dot for handgun hunting turkeys.
🌐 Can i go hunting with a 9mm handgun?
- Yes, the 9mm is a powerful enough round to kill a hog, especially if you consider the shooting distance and shot placement. It can be used as your secondary firearm for your hog hunt and sometimes even your primary one. Farmers and hunters also use it to quickly kill hogs too. Many experienced hog hunters used the 9mm round to take down their hogs.
🌐 Can you go hunting with a 9mm pistol?
- Hunting with a 9mm pistol can be a fun way to take down small game like woodchuck and rabbit. Going deer hunting with a 9mm is a bit impractical, and in some places, illegal. If you’re interested in going after big game on a handgun hunting trip, bring something like a.357 or.44 magnum. Pros and Cons of Hunting with Your 9mm
🌐 Can you hunt coyotes with a 9mm carbine?
Since a 9mm carbine is not a high precision weapon, generally, at ranges past 50-75 yards, max, using it to hunt coyote would probably not be useful. You really need a rifle with good ballistics to 100+ yards, . 223 or larger, to successfully take predators as wary as coyote.
🌐 Can you hunt hogs with a 9mm round?
- Many experienced hog hunters used the 9mm round to take down their hogs. It is mostly used in short distance hunting, thus bringing a sense of excitement and challenge to the hunt. By incorporating basic shooting fundamentals, you can take down a hog with a 9mm too. What Gun Should You Use? The 9mm round is typically synonymous with pistols.
🌐 Can you hunt with a 9mm carbine in canada?
Yes, provided the rifle used is not restricted...in alberta anything larger than . 23 is a legal hunting caliber. Therefore 9mm is legal.
🌐 Can you hunt with a hi-point 9mm carbine?
No, you can't.
🌐 Can you hunt with a hi-point carbine?
So yes, your Hi-Point Carbine, especially the larger caliber ones, when loaded with premium +P jacketed hollow-point ammunition, can take down large whitetail deer.
🌐 Can you hunt with a pistol caliber carbine?
I'd recommend . 45 ACP in a pistol caliber carbine, myself; and I strongly agree with animalspooker that you want to keep the range 35 yards or less for your shot. If you think of a pistol-caliber carbine as a pistol with a buttstock instead of a rifle, you won't go far wrong.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «Can i hunt with a 9mm carbine?» so you can surely find the answer!How far will a 9mm carbine shoot?
The combination of a 9mm round and sixteen-inch barrel yields a maximum effective range against man-size targets of about 100 yards, and in target shooting about 200 yards.How good a hunting rifle carbine 9mm?
What is the best 9mm carbine?
- A GA Carbine is the best 9mm carbine for general use by intermediate shooters, both at the range and in the field. It has a flash suppressor that offers slightly more discretion in the field, and an adjustable stock to help get a good fit for smaller shooters.
- A 9mm Carbine is Good for Deer Hunting The extra barel length of a 9mm carbine adds between 100 and 200 fps more velocity to a 9mm load. That makes it about 25 percent more powerfull. The Extreme Defender ammo which usually leaves a pistol at around 1,400 fps can go up to 1,600 fps in a carbine.
The 9mm is not legal here to take deer, I personally don't think a 9mm has enough power to cleanly take a deer. In pistol caliber rifles some of our legal calibers are . 357 Magnum, .Is it legal to hunt with a 9mm pistol?
- If there are no legal issues preventing you from hunting with your 9mm pistol, go ahead. Hunting with a 9mm pistol can be a fun way to take down small game like woodchuck and rabbit. Going deer hunting with a 9mm is a bit impractical, and in some places, illegal.
- Yes, the 9mm is a powerful enough round to kill a hog, especially if you consider the shooting distance and shot placement. It can be used as your secondary firearm for your hog hunt and sometimes even your primary one. Farmers and hunters also use it to quickly kill hogs too.